A house on Creswell Street was heavily damaged Tuesday night by fire that started in the attic, said a Ware County Fire Department spokesman.
Firefighters were summoned to 2004 Creswell St. on the southside at 11:23 p.m. When firefighters arrived, heavy fire was coming out of the attic, said Capt. Matthew Grantham.
No one was injured in the fire, Grantham said, neither the occupant or any of the fire personnel. Grantham said the resident of the house, Jacob Miller, and another person, got out safely.
“The fire started in the attic and it was pretty much contained to the attic,” said Grantham. “We got it knocked down. I believe it may have been electrical.”
Damage was estimated at $20,000.
Firefighters cleared the home shortly after 1 o’clock this morning, Grantham said.
Assisting Grantham and firefighters from Station I were the Ware County Structure Team and volunteers with the Boggy Bay Fire Station. A total of 11 personnel responded.
The owner of the house is Bobby Bryson.